Enrich your skills for life on screen with an established Cardiff Bay-based drama workshop
Take the first step towards a career in acting. Join The Workshop, a unique film and television performance training project based in Cardiff Bay, South Wales.
Casting lead roles in film and TV drama
The Workshop is managed by a team of directors, actors and drama practitioners with diverse experience in all areas of the film and television industry. Our team works to provide aspiring performers with the skills they need to establish their names and pursue a career in front of the camera.
Dedicated to your success
For over 35 years The Workshop has been offering professional performance training in Cardiff, South Wales, to people from the age of 9 years old and up. Headed by Peter and Susan Wooldridge we are backed by a team of six professional actors from the world of film, television and theatre, all passionate about seeing our students succeed.
Recent casting successes at The Workshop:
• The lead role of Oliver Tate, together with two supporting roles, in the comedy feature film ‘Submarine’.
• The lead role of Vlad in CBBC’s award winning drama series ‘Young Dracula’, plus two other regular roles, additional guest and supporting roles.
• Five regular roles and supporting roles in the popular CBBC series ‘The Story of Tracy Beaker’
• The lead role of Jason Mason plus supporting roles in the award winning series ‘Grandpa in my Pocket’ for CBeebies.
• The leading role of Dizzie in CITV’s series Tati’s Hotel
• One lead role and four supporting roles in the CBBC drama ‘The Sparticles Mystery’
• The lead role of Chloe in the Sky comedy series ‘Gates’
• Guest roles in various episodes of ‘Dr Who’, ‘Torchwood’, ‘Casualty’ and ‘Holby City’
• Two recurring roles in ‘Gwaith Cartref’ for S4C
• Two recurring roles in 'Pobol Y Cwm’ for S4C
Interested in becoming an actor?
The Workshop offers training to people of all ages, from 9 years upwards, through regular introductory courses. Each course consists of ten once weekly practical training sessions covering a diverse range of areas in performance. On completion of the ten-week course, a selection process takes place and students, if successful, may be invited to join The Workshop and continue training. For more information, simply give us a call or click the button to read more.
"I learnt so much at The Workshop, met inspiring people and felt confident and ready to go on to professional work after finishing. It was through The Workshop that I got my first television acting job on a BBC drama, 'Dad', playing opposite Richard Briers. The Workshop gave me a grounding in acting for which I am forever indebted!"
- Hannah Daniel
Learn from some of the best
Working towards a career in the television industry? Learn more about our drama workshop, delivered in Cardiff Bay, or speak to our team to learn more.